PCHi 2012 Sets New Records


BEIJING—PCHi 2012 closed on a high and happy note, with a total of 278 exhibitors, 5,527 visitors and 1,260 conference delegates and an almost sold out show floor.

“We received feedback that compared to previous editions, the show floor of PCHi 2012 was bustling with even more activity, with many more meaningful exchanges amongst the greater number of attendees," said Daniel Chan, project director, PCHi. "Visitor figures far exceeded our expectations, and we are very pleased with the encouraging figures the show has been garnering year on year. PCHi 2013 looks set to be the biggest edition yet, with 93 percent of the available booths already signed up by companies."

A total of 87.5 percent of the visitors came from within China, and the remaining 12.5 percent traveled from 33 countries all around the world. The top 10 territories outside of Mainland China that were represented are Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and The Philippines.

Global Launches at PCHi 2012

This year, PCHi highlighted companies introducing new ingredients to the global cosmetics and toiletries (C&T) industry at the show. A total of 26 fresh innovations were unveiled by 12 exhibitors at PCHi 2012. This signals that the event is gaining importance as a marketing platform for industry players to kick start their business year.

Satisfaction All Round

The introduction of new products at PCHi 2012 appealed to buyers as many C&T brands use the trade show as a sourcing platform for their businesses in China.

Sheen Xie, R&D assistant manager, Mentholatum (China) Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., shared, “Mentholatum always formulates new personal care products, so attending PCHi is imperative to the growth of our business. By visiting the show, we have been able to effectively procure new ingredients and the latest technologies."

Shirley Wang, R&D manager, Cosmetics Tech Co. Ltd, shared the same sentiments. “PCHi is one of the most important trade shows within Asia for Cosmetics Tech," commented Wang. “Through our participation, we have been able to discover new ingredients, and also seek solutions to problems that we face."

Visitors and exhibitors aside, delegates of the PCHi 2012 Conference Program also had a fulfilling experience at the event.

“The broad scope of the PCHi conference is useful because many areas of interest were covered," said Jia Haidong, senior scientist, R&I Hair Care Lab, L’Oreal China."I am glad that I attended the sessions because I was able to tap on the expertise of the numerous knowledgeable speakers for my work."

PCHi 2012 Booth Awards

Every year, PCHi gives recognition to exhibitors with impressive booth designs, high visitor traffic and outstanding communication materials. Winners were selected by a panel of 11 international industry editors. The following companies won the PCHi 2012 Booth Awards:

  • Buzziest Booth: Evonik Degussa (China) Co. Ltd.
  • Best Communications: Cosmetics Valley
  • Best Designed 9m2 Booth: Honeywell International
  • Best Designed Raw Scheme: DSM Nutritional Products Asia Pacific

PCHi 2013

In line with its strategy of alternating between the Yangtze River Delta and the Pearl River Delta—regions that house large clusters of personal care and cosmetic manufacturers—PCHi 2013 will be held at the Guangzhou Poly World Trade Center, March 13 to 15, 2013.

The event will also be given a boost with its first co-location alongside China Lab Expo, another branded event organized by Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions. This gives PCHi 2013 visitors the opportunity to source for new ingredients as well as innovative laboratory equipment and technologies within a single show venue.